Jonathan’s foster father’s kidnap: More suspects arrested

   More people have been arrested by security agents over the kidnap of Chief Inegite Nitabai, foster father of President Goodluck Jonathan.
    The 70 years old man who is also the head of the compound of President Jonathan in Otuoke community, was kidnapped by 10 armed gunmen at his residence on Sunday night.
     The police immediately swung into action and arrested one suspect in connection with the incident.
     The Special Adviser to the Bayelsa State Governor on Security Matters, Bernard Kenebai, disclosed that additional arrests had been made, saying appreciable progress had been made in the investigations.
     Though he declined to give the number of those arrested so that it won’t hamper investigations, he expressed confidence that the security mechanism of the state government will fish out those behind the kidnap.
     Kenebai said due to the emphasis placed on the protection of life and property by the state government, incidence of kidnap had not been reported in the state in the Lady two months.
     According to him, the kidnap of Chief Nitabai was due to a land tussle and not the conventional kidnap for ransom.
      The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Hilary Opara, also in an interview said the police were on the trail of the kidnappers and would fish them out.
      He said crack detectives had been detailed to handle the case and the family had been told to contact the police if the kidnappers make any contact.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s